Sunday 16 August 2009

Sunday August 16 - 21.45

Hey.
Its Bekka.
Im down in England just now on holiday with my family. And I've been doing a lot of thinking.
You know what really bugs me ? When people blow things totally out of proportion. It's so silly. That's how people get hurt and upset and things get ruined. I know this better than anyone I think. I've really learned my lesson after I lost two of my closest mates cause things got totally out of hand. What started of as a tiny mistake got made into a huge crime and everything just went belly up. And to be honest I think it was partly my fault cause I'm too proud of myself and wouldn't admit I was wrong. I'm like that though. I hate admitting that I'm wrong. I'm sure a lot of you are like that.
Sometimes you get into a situation where it's better if you just admit that you were in the wrong and that you're the one that's done bad instead of trying to cover for yourself or turn the blame around. As the saying goes, 'honesty is the best policy'. And there's no point making a mountain out of a mole hill so to speak cause that is really when things start to go wrong.
Think of this, Kate and Sarah are best mates. They plan a night out. Kate phones Sarah last minute and cancels, saying something has come up. Sarah doesn't believe her and thinks Kate must be annoyed at her.
Maybe something really has come up. Or maybe Kate just doesn't feel like going out and doesn't wanna hurt Sarah's feelings by saying so. But at the end of the day, Sarah shouldn't be getting paranoid about it. I'm sure there'll be other nights you can go out. And if something has come up, fair enough, but if Kate just didn't wanna go out, she should have just said so.
There's proof, don't lie just tell the truth it makes life so much more easy.
If your friends are true friends they won't mind you cancelling cause you don't feel like going out. And if they really are true friends they won't mind you telling them the truth, even if it is slightly harsh.
I'm honest with Becca all the time and look at us. If she tries on a dress and it looks crap, I'll tell her instead of saying it looks good to keep her happy. If she's being daft and needs a kick up the backside to make her realise she's being stupid, I'll give her a kick up the butt.
It sometimes takes the harsh truth to make things better.
So to conclude this wee rant I'm having here, tell the truth all the time and when you're wrong, swallow your pride and admit to it.
Take it from an 'expert' it really is best to be honest and try not to take things out of hand cause in the long run it will ruin friendships.
Beks x

No comments:

Post a Comment